Car Accident Attorney in Everett, WA
The moments after an automobile accident can be painful, confusing, and traumatic. Aside from physical and mental injuries, you can also face other losses, such as property damage and lost wages.
For car crash victims, recovery is a long and complex process. Hiring a car accident attorney in Everett, WA can help you seek compensation for any damages sustained during the accident.
A lawyer will calculate your losses, file the right paperwork, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf so you can focus on healing.
At Polaris Injury Law, we’re dedicated to helping you seek the justice and compensation you deserve. Our lawyers will provide the reassurance and clarity you need during this difficult time.
Car accident laws in Washington
Under Washington state law, car crash victims can recover damages even if they are partially at fault. Damages are classified into economic and emotional losses.
Economic losses are the monetary damages you sustained due to the accident. These include:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Property damage
Non-economic damages represent the non-monetary losses caused by your accident, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Any degree of permanent disability that resulted from the accident
Statute of limitations
Three years is the standard time limit for Washington car crash accidents and other personal injury lawsuits. If you fail to file your lawsuit within the deadline, you may permanently lose your right to pursue a claim and obtain compensation for your injuries.
To file a claim and pursue compensation, the victim must prove the four elements of negligence:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- There was a breach of duty
- You were injured as a result of the breach
- You suffered losses as a result of your injuries
Proving liability may be more complicated than you think. Our car accident lawyers will help you gather solid evidence of the negligent party’s actions.
What to do immediately after a car accident
Immediately check if you and any passengers in your car are safe. You must stay calm and stay at the scene of the accident.
Move your car out of traffic and to the shoulder if you can. Set up flares or keep your flashers on to warn other vehicles to slow down. This can help prevent further accidents.
If it’s too dangerous to move your car or remain inside, safely exit your vehicle and move to the side of the road.
Once you’ve checked whether you and your passengers are safe:
- Call the police – A police report is documented evidence necessary when filing a claim with your insurance company.
- Exchange relevant information such as names, contact numbers, and license plates with other parties involved in the accident.
- Document the scene. Take photos of any damages and get the contact details of witnesses to the accident.
- Get in touch with your insurance company.
- Seek medical attention.
Why choose our car accident lawyers in Everett, WA
As your legal advocates, we work hard to protect your interests and obtain the compensation you’re entitled to. Count on our lawyers to do the following:
- Gather evidence identifying the at-fault party and other people or entities whose actions may have indirectly caused your injuries
- Calculate your losses and value your claim
- File the necessary paperwork
- Handle settlement negotiations
- File your case in court, if necessary
- Build a strong case that will help you get a full and fair settlement
Book a consultation
Polaris injury Law works with both medical and financial planning specialists to ensure your seamless recovery. We’ll help you prove liability and pursue compensation that addresses both your present and future needs.
Schedule a consultation now and get top-notch legal representation.