Car Accident Attorneys in Kenmore, WA
Every year, car accidents due to another driver’s negligence happen in the US. Even minor incidents can result in significant injuries that may require long-term medical care or cause you to miss work. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, seek help from an attorney.
A car accident lawyer can help you recover damages from the responsible party, negotiate with insurance companies, and protect your rights throughout the legal process.
Polaris Injury Law has extensive experience representing clients in car accident cases. From securing maximum compensation to protecting your rights, our legal team will be with you every step of the way.
Laws Every Washington Driver Should Know
Under Title 46 of the Revised Code of Washington, drivers must observe three primary laws when operating a vehicle:
- Duty of Care: Drivers must use their vehicles safely, considering the road conditions and weather. They can be held liable if they fail to do so and an accident occurs.
- Comparative Negligence: Washington is a comparative negligence state. This means that if you are involved in an accident and found to be even partially at fault, you may have your damages lowered by the percentage of fault attributed to you.
For example, if you are involved in an accident and found to be 20 percent at fault, any damages you are awarded will decrease by 20 percent.
- At-Fault State: As an at-fault state, Washington requires drivers who caused the accident to pay for the resulting damages. In “no-fault” states, each driver’s insurance company pays for their damages regardless of who caused the accident.
What to Do in Case of a Car Crash
Check immediately if anyone is hurt and call for medical help if necessary. Move your vehicle off the road to avoid blocking traffic.
After ensuring that everyone is safe, proceed with the following steps:
- Call the police and ask them to file a report:
This is important even if the accident is minor. A police report can document what happened and be used later as evidence if needed.
- Get the contact information of the other driver(s) involved in the accident
This should include their name, address, phone number, and insurance information. You will also need the make, model, and license plate
- Collect evidence at the scene
Take photos of the vehicle damage and any injuries you or your passengers have sustained.
- Talk to witnesses and get their contact information
Interviewing witnesses helps corroborate your version of events.
- Do not admit fault or sign any documents without consulting an attorney
Insurance companies often try to get you to accept a quick settlement much lower than what you are owed. An attorney can help you get the full amount you deserve.
- Call an experienced car accident lawyer
The sooner you call a lawyer, the sooner they can begin working on your case. An attorney will handle all the paperwork and negotiations with the insurance companies so that you can focus on healing.
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
From dealing with insurance companies to proving liability, car accident cases can be messy business. A lawyer ensures that all the evidence is gathered and presented in the most favorable way. They will also work to get you the maximum compensation possible for your injuries and damages.
At Polaris Injury Law, we understand the stress and confusion of being involved in a car accident. Our auto accident lawyers will handle every aspect of your case so that you can focus on your recovery.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident, book a free consultation with our lawyers now.