Trusted Car Accident Attorney in Kingsgate, WA

A car accident can be a traumatic and devastating experience. The physical, emotional, and financial repercussions it can leave behind can be overwhelming. You’ll need a qualified car accident attorney to help you navigate the legal system and get the justice you deserve.

At Polaris Injury Law, we understand how important it is to get the compensation you need to recover from a car accident. Our experienced car accident attorneys are dedicated to helping you understand your rights and get the compensation you’re entitled to.

Car Accident Laws in Washington

Washington may often be considered one of the safest places to drive, but it is still essential to understand the legal framework that governs car accidents. Washington’s first and most important law is the Statute of Limitations, which states that a person must file a personal injury lawsuit within three years of the accident.

Title 46 of the Revised Code of Washington is generally where most traffic-related regulations, including those related to car accidents, can be found. Three primary laws are essential for drivers to understand:

  • Comparative Negligence: If you are assigned any measure of responsibility for an accident, your reparation will be decreased proportionately to the degree of fault. For example, if you are 20% responsible for an accident and the other driver is 80% at fault, your damages can only be compensated up to 80%.
  • At-Fault State: In Washington, fault-based liability applies. That means whoever is responsible for the collision must compensate the other driver.
  • Duty of Care: As a driver in Washington, you must ensure that you are driving with care and not endanger other drivers on the road. Being a responsible driver involves abiding by all traffic laws, avoiding any substances that could impair your judgment, and always being proactive about safety. If a driver fails to exercise their responsibility of care and an accident transpires, they can be held accountable for the resulting damages.

While familiarizing yourself with the laws is essential, it can be challenging to understand them without proper legal counsel. At Polaris Injury Law, we are here to provide you with the legal advice and representation necessary to ensure your rights are respected. Get in touch today to discuss your case with a trusted car accident lawyer.

What to Do After a Car Accident

Check for Injuries: Immediately assess the situation to determine if anyone has been hurt. Prioritize medical attention and contact the proper authorities if necessary.

Call the Police: In the event of a car accident, you must call the police. Even if it is a minor incident with no visible damage, it’s crucial to have a police report on file in case of future complications or insurance disputes.

Gather Evidence and Trade Information: Take photos of the scene, including any visible damage. Collect contact details of the other driver and witnesses and insurance information. Also, take note of the license plate and the make and model of the vehicle.

Call Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance provider about the incident promptly. Provide them with as much detail as possible, and always ask for detailed documentation of any conversations.

Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer

Once you’ve done all you can after a car accident, it helps to consult a skilled car accident lawyer.

An experienced attorney can evaluate the facts of your case and ensure that you receive appropriate compensation for your damages. With a lawyer, you can avoid losing out on the reimbursement you need for medical bills, property damage, and lost wages.

At Polaris Injury Law, we have extensive experience representing clients that found themselves in car accidents. Schedule an appointment now and receive tailored and effective legal counsel.

Book A Consultation

Schedule a Consultation with us

Scroll to Top