Compassionate Car Accident Attorney in Kirkland, WA

Washington is generally considered one of the safest places to drive in the United States. However, even experienced drivers in the safest driving areas can find themselves in an accident. If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, you may feel overwhelmed and unsure what to do next.

If you find yourself in a road mishap in Kirkland, WA, it would be wise for you to seek the services of a car accident lawyer.

What Are Car Accident Lawyers?

Car accident lawyers are personal injury lawyers who specialize in cases involving car accidents. Their primary role is to help you uphold your legal rights and get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. They could help you recover damages from the other driver if they were at fault for the accident and their insurance company.

For instance, if you’ve been in a hit-and-run accident, a car accident attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve from the other driver’s insurance company. If you’ve been in an accident caused by a drunk driver, a car accident lawyer can help you get punitive damages from the at-fault driver.

Car Accident Laws in Washington State

Title 46 of the Revised Code of Washington is where you’ll find most traffic regulations in the state of Washington. These laws generally cover everything from vehicle registration to stopping at a pedestrian crosswalk.

There are three primary laws you need to know if you’re involved in a car accident:

  • At-fault state: Washington is an at-fault state, which means the driver found to be at fault for the accident is responsible for compensating the other driver. It differs from no-fault states, where drivers are liable for their injuries, regardless of who is at fault.
  • Comparative negligence: If you’re found to be even partially at fault for the accident, your compensation will be reduced by the percentage of fault you have. For example, if you’re found to be 20% at fault, and the other driver is 80% at fault, you would only be able to recover 80% of your damages.
  • Duty of care: All drivers in Washington have a duty of care to operate their vehicles in a way that does not harm other drivers. This means driving safely, obeying traffic laws, and not driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If a driver fails to uphold their duty of care and an accident occurs, they can be liable for the damages.

What to Do After a Car Accident

If you’ve been in a car accident, you should do a few things to protect your rights and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.

  1. Seek medical attention

Even if you don’t think you’re injured, you must see a doctor immediately after the accident. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not present symptoms until days or weeks after the accident.

By seeing a doctor right away, you’ll be able to get a diagnosis and start treatment early if necessary. You’ll also have documentation of your injuries, which will be vital if you file a personal injury claim.

  1. Call the police

The police can help to ensure everyone is safe and gather essential information about the accident. They will also write a report, which can be used as evidence if you file a personal injury claim.

Additionally, if the other driver is uninsured or underinsured, you may need to file a police report to get compensation from your insurance company.

  1. Gather evidence

If you’re able, take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle, and your injuries. This will be substantial evidence if you pursue a personal injury claim.

You should also get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident. These people can provide valuable testimony about what happened and who was at fault.

  1. Trade relevant information

It’s a good idea to write down a summary of the accident while it’s still fresh in your mind. You should also exchange insurance information with the other driver. Some of the details you need to gather:

  • Names
  • Phone numbers
  • License plate
  • Make and model of the vehicle

Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?

Hiring a car accident attorney in Kirkland, WA, can be highly beneficial after you’ve been in a road mishap. Here are a few reasons why:

  1. Car accident lawyers have experience dealing with insurance companies.
  2. Attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve.
  3. Lawyers can negotiate on your behalf.
  4. Attorneys can take your case to trial if necessary.
  5. Hiring a lawyer gives you peace of mind.

If you’ve been in a car accident, reach out to our office today to schedule a free consultation. Our experienced car accident lawyers will review your case and advise you on the best course of action.

CONTACT US

Schedule a Consultation with us

Scroll to Top
Call Now ButtonCall Now