Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Redmond, WA

A car accident can be a traumatic experience. The legal process that follows can be overwhelming, but having the right car accident lawyer on your side makes all the difference.

While Washington is generally considered one of the safest places to drive in the United States, car accidents can still occur, and the impact can be significant. If you’ve been in a car accident, hiring the right lawyer is essential to ensure that your rights are respected and that you get the compensation you deserve.

Car Accident Laws in the State of Washington

Washington is a “fault” state for car accidents, meaning that whoever is determined to be at fault can be held liable for damages.

You’ll find most traffic regulations of the state in Title 46 of the Revised Code of Washington. These laws generally cover everything from pedestrian crossings to speed limits, as well as the rights and responsibilities of drivers involved in accidents.

However, there are three primary laws involving car accidents that drivers need to be familiar with:

  • At-Fault State: In Washington, whoever is deemed at fault in a car accident can be liable for damages. The at-fault party may be required to pay the other driver’s medical expenses and additional costs. This differs from no-fault states, where insurance companies absorb costs regardless of fault.
  • Comparative Negligence: Within Washington’s at-fault system, a concept known as “comparative negligence” applies. If you are found to be even partially at fault for an accident, you may still be eligible to receive compensation if the other driver is more than 50% at fault. For instance, if you’re 20% at fault for the accident and the other driver is 80% at fault, you would only recover 80% of your damages.
  • Duty of Care: Washington law states that all drivers have a “duty of care” to other road users. This means you must drive with reasonable care and caution, pay attention to your surroundings, and obey traffic laws. If a driver fails to do this and causes an accident, they can be held liable for the damages.

What to Do in Case of a Car Crash

In case of a car crash, staying calm and assessing the situation is essential. To protect your legal rights and ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to, here are some steps you should take:

  1. Seek safety and Call 911: Report the accident immediately and get medical help if needed.
  2. Exchange Information: Gather the contact information of all parties involved in the accident, including insurance information. Make sure that you have the following:
  • Names
  • Phone numbers
  • License plate
  • Make and model of the vehicle
  1. Document Everything: Take photos or videos of the scene and any damage to your vehicle. Also, note what happened, particularly regarding how you believe the accident occurred.
  2. Notify Your Insurance Company: Even if you don’t think you’re at fault, it’s essential to inform your insurance company about the accident right away.

Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer

Hiring an experienced car accident attorney is the best way to protect your rights and get maximum compensation for your injuries. Your attorney will be able to determine who was at fault, review the evidence, and help you build a solid legal case.

If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Redmond, WA, consult a trusted car accident lawyer immediately. An attorney can help you hold the responsible parties accountable and seek just compensation for your damages.

At Polaris Injury Law, we can provide you with the legal representation you need. Our firm is committed to helping clients get the outcomes they deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.

Schedule a Consultation with us

Scroll to Top