Reputable Bothell Brain Injury Attorney
Brain injuries can cause lifelong problems for victims. If you suffer from a brain injury caused by another person’s recklessness or wrongdoing, you may be able to hold the at-fault party liable.
For over 40 years, the accomplished Bothell brain injury attorneys at Polaris Injury Law have represented victims and their families on their difficult journey toward recovery and financial security.
No matter the cause of your brain injury, we can help investigate the facts of your case. Our goal is to help you receive fair compensation for your losses and help ensure the at-fault parties are held responsible.
Common types of brain injuries
Brain injuries are complicated to treat, dangerous, and sometimes fatal. They can affect the victim’s speech, memory, judgment, reflexes, and coordination. If left untreated, the injury can permanently impair cognitive and physical functions.
Common types of brain injuries include:
- Diffuse axonal injuries
- Hypoxic brain injuries
- Penetrating brain injuries
Causes and symptoms of brain injury
Any injury to the head or neck region can lead to bleeding, tearing, swelling, or bruising in the brain. Brain injuries are commonly caused by:
- Car accidents
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Construction accidents
- Sports injuries
Listed below are typical warning signs of a brain injury:
- Impaired vision
- Slurred speech
- Slow or irregular breathing
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Ringing in the ears
- A tingling sensation or numbness throughout the body
- Mood swings
- Memory loss
- Loss or enhancement of smell
- Loss of consciousness
- Fluid leaking from the nose or ears
- Dizziness or lack of coordination
- Difficulty sleeping or staying awake
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms above, it is crucial to consult a doctor to verify whether you are suffering from a brain injury. If you are, contact a seasoned Bothell brain injury attorney who can assist you in recovering due compensation.
How a brain injury lawyer can help
Brain injuries, no matter the cause, may require years of medical treatment and compromise one’s quality of life. Brain injury victims have lost careers due to permanent cognitive, behavioral, and emotional difficulties.
As your trusted brain injury attorneys in Bothell, we will help you:
- File all personal injury paperwork on your behalf quickly and without errors
- Investigate the facts of your case to determine fault and name all responsible parties
- Come up with an amount that represents the true value of your losses
- Gather medical documentation
- Compile ample evidence and present a case to the insurance company
- Negotiate settlement offers
- Represent you in court if necessary