Car Accident Attorney in Woodinville, WA
Even law-abiding and careful drivers can be involved in car accidents, especially on busy roads.
In 2021, Washington had the most number of fatal crashes in 15 years. With 2,951 crashes (2,411 of which resulted in serious injury and 540 that led to fatalities), these numbers came as a surprise since it was expected that the congestion would increase and that speeds would decrease due to the pandemic.
Hiring a car accident attorney in Woodinville, WA is your best shot at navigating car crash and fault. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, you may file a personal injury claim to compensate for your losses.
Why Not File the Claim Yourself?
Sometimes, auto accident victims think they can file an injury claim on their own. You may ask yourself whether or not you really need a car accident lawyer in Woodinville, WA.
You’ve just been injured and may need medical treatment and time to recover. This means that you are not equipped to identify the cause and fault in your accident and face predatory insurance companies and negligent parties who are determined not to take responsibility for your situation.
Hiring a car accident attorney relieves you of the stress and hassle of the legal process. It’s the lawyer’s job to:
- File all paperwork and ensure there are no errors or omissions
- Investigate the facts of the case and establish fault
- Collect medical documentation and accident scene evidence
- Present a compelling case to the insurance company
- Represent you during settlement negotiations
- Take your case to court when necessary
Washington Car Accident Laws
There are three important laws when it comes to Washington car accident claims:
- Duty of care: All motor vehicles are required to exercise reasonable care on the road to avoid harming others.
- At-fault state: Washington is an “at-fault” state, which means the driver who caused the accident is responsible for the damages.
- Comparative negligence: Washington is a pure comparative state. Each driver is assigned a percentage of liability. A plaintiff’s claim is reduced by the percentage of their fault, if any.
For more information on Washington car accident laws, read the Title 46 of the Revised Code of Washington.
What to Do After a Crash?
After a car crash, state law requires that drivers take the following steps:
- Stop your vehicle as close to the scene of the accident as possible.
- Give your name, address, insurance company, policy number, and car license number to the person/s involved in the crash.
- Provide reasonable assistance to anyone injured.
Why Hire a Lawyer?
Insurance adjusters are dead-set on saving the insurance company as much money as possible. They will find ways to reduce your claim. This hardly seems fair when you’re seriously injured, helpless, and desperate enough to accept any amount to help ease your economic and emotional losses.
Don’t let yourself fall into this trap. You deserve so much more than that.
Polaris Injury Law will fight for your best interests and strive to achieve a favorable outcome. Our goal is to guide you every step of the way during this difficult time. We strongly believe that you shouldn’t bear the financial and emotional burden of a crash that is not your fault.
Our team of car accident attorneys in Woodinville, WA has handled car injury claims throughout the years. We have the legal expertise, experience, and drive to get you the proper compensation representing the actual value of your losses.
Get in Touch
While no amount of money can fully rectify the impact of the accident on your life, we hope that the financial justice that the legal system can provide gives you some comfort. Schedule a strategy session with us today. You may reach us by calling 425-637-1300 or by filling out our online contact form